"Confirm Replace Dialog" Gets Hidden

Advertisement

A. User

"Confirm Replace Dialog" Gets Hidden

I am using version 3.7.4 using the Norton interface.

When I drag a remote file onto my desktop it works. No problems.

When I drag the same file onto my desktop a second time I see a dialog confirming the replacement of the existing file. The problem is that this confirmation dialog is hidden behind the WinSCP main window. I have to Alt-TAB to see it.

Thanks.

Advertisement

Re: "Confirm Replace Dialog" Gets Hidden

martin wrote:

Do you have Drag&drop Shell Extension enabled or not?

When I view the "Drag & Drop" tab it is greyed out and it is not selected. Does this account for the behavior I'm seeing? Do I need to use the "installer"??

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

When I view the "Drag & Drop" tab it is greyed out and it is not selected. Does this account for the behavior I'm seeing? Do I need to use the "installer"??
Yes, you need to use the installer to install the shell extension.

If you are not using the extension, the "overwrite dialog" is opened by Windows Explorer, not WinSCP. I'm afraid that I cannot control the box opened by other application. However I'll check it.

If you use the extension, WinSCP will be able to handle the overwritting by itself.

If you do not want to install the extension, you will need to drag file only within WinSCP. It will also solve your problem.

If I remember my old Windows programming techniques, I think you might be able to bring that dialog to the front -- but maybe not. It's been a long time since I programmed Windows.

martin wrote:

Yes, you need to use the installer to install the shell extension.

If you are not using the extension, the "overwrite dialog" is opened by Windows Explorer, not WinSCP. I'm afraid that I cannot control the box opened by other application. However I'll check it.

If you use the extension, WinSCP will be able to handle the overwritting by itself.

If you do not want to install the extension, you will need to drag file only within WinSCP. It will also solve your problem.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Problem is that it does not happen for me. I always get the overwrite box on the top. Do you have it on the bottom always or sometime only?

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum