Upload from file with pathnames

Advertisement

djd

Upload from file with pathnames

I think about possibility to upload on server files from txt with pathnames of files relative to open dir in left explorer? Because then will be possible to make updates from eg. git because I can one time set new tag and later compare it with new tag and git will show all the changed files. I can then copy it, import to WinSCP and update of files on server will be as easy as possible without need for winSCP knew the GIT itself.
Of course it is need to mark some files as eg. deleted, but all this details You can simply invent on your own.
I would be glad if such thing will be done i near future.

Advertisement

djd

Why is it such complicated thing? Is this issue could be included in the near future into root of the WinSCP? I only have experience in php programming not in windows, powershell environments so such operation is over me as I think.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

djd wrote:

Why is it such complicated thing? Is this issue could be included in the near future into root of the WinSCP? I only have experience in php programming not in windows, powershell environments so such operation is over me as I think.
It's not so complicated.
Of course, I can add it, but only if more people ask for it.

djd

Unfortunately for me it is not easy.
It reminds me situation when I would like to see the new photos on somebody's blog I see the info:
Write a SQL query and then you can simply check what the new photos are.
I'am sorry for the level of this example but it looks very similar.
In other words. I wish I can simple click on a btn, paste relative paths of files and WinSCP will do the rest.
Could you do this for me (and not only for me I think) It would be great feature of which other programs never will have. So WinSCP became more great as it is.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Actually, wouldn't it be just enough to allow WinSCP select files in the current panel, by giving it names of files to select?

djd

All is only for one reason.
I have a project run on GIT. Then I make a branch and then few commits. Then I merge it into master and the console of GIT gives me list of file which are
deleted
new
modified
Then I can simply copy it, regex makes eg. such list. I do this on my own. You can just implement list as is below.

!public_html/index.htm
+img/logo_new.png
-img/logo.png
!README.txt

! = modfied
+ = new
- = delete

And when I go to this dir eg. (on the left)
D:\sites\sample-www\
And then login to site (on the right)
home/www/sample-www/
And then load the file with the list above, I click btn. And in the while all files from the list are uploaded
deletions, creations, modifications (rewritings) are made.

Simple in use, awesome feature! In near future I wish!
Thanks!

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Sorry, but that's something you would have to code yourself. WinSCP is flexible enough to allow adding this as an extension.

For again, something that's easy to build into WinSCP and something that people might find useful for other uses cases, is allowing WinSCP to select files in the current panel, by giving it names of files to select. Would that be ok for you?

https://winscp.net/tracker/1534

Advertisement

djd

select files in the current panel, by giving it names of files to select
Is it done now?
I don't understand that text. What should I selecting. I simply would like to open or simply copy&paste into same window relative paths and then click upload and WinSCP will simply add new files on server, overwrite existing and marked by eg. - at the beginning of line => delete.
Is it true that it was done? In version 5.10 as it shown in previous post?[/i]

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum