Remembering last saved directory only happens if not a background transfer

Advertisement

johngypsy

Remembering last saved directory only happens if not a background transfer

WinSCP Version: 5.9.4 (Build 7333) [I will upgrade to latest soon -- just noticed it]
History: Problem has been persistent through many versions
Running on: Windows XP, 7, and 10
Protocol: FTP (Anonymous usually)

So, this has been bugging me for a while as small issue and I thought that I'd finally mention it.

When you go to download a file, the Download dialog box asks which directory to put it in -- and the dropdown provides a list of your recent locations. Once you save a file somewhere, it gets added to the recent locations box.

The issue is that if I download a file and the "Transfer in background" box is NOT checked, then the next time I go into the Download dialog, the location I just saved that first file to will be the new default location -- so you can just click and download another. But if I DO check the "Transfer in background" box, then the next time I go into the dialog, it will have NOT changed the default directory location to that new location. Instead, it will still have an old location as the default -- and the new one that I just did a second ago will be the 2nd on the list.

So, my normal procedure goes something like this:
- When downloading first file on a site, uncheck the "Transfer in background" box -- and pick a site-specific directory to download to.
- Now, all future downloads from that site -- which will be in the background because the box will be checked -- will default to that new directory properly.

What I'd like to be able to do:
- Download in the background the very first time -- and have it remember that location the next time I pull up the Download dialog on that same site.

Hopefully, I've explained that properly. Thanks!

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Remembering last saved directory only happens if not a background transfer

Thanks for your report.
I assume, you are using the Explorer interface, right?

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum