Why cannot watch for changes in more directories?

Advertisement

Vacilando

Why cannot watch for changes in more directories?

Hi - congrats; this is amazing software!

One question (I did not find it in FAQ nor this forum) - I tried to use the function "keep directory up to date" for my mail repository (Thunderbird) but I got a message "Cannot watch for changes in more then 500 directories and subdirectories".

Why this limitation? I can imagine it would get a bit slow, but I can bear that.

I would really love to be able to keep a current copy of my mail repository on the server, so that I can access it from anywhere.

Thanks a lot,

Vacilando

Advertisement

Mdknapp

Is the 500 directory limitation removed?

First thanks for the great program!

I noticed that you said you could removed the 500 directory limitation, is this done? We are desperately needing it lifted as we have a ton of language directories...

Is it an option to remove the limit someplace? I tried searching but have not seen anything to answer this question.

THanks,

Matthew

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Is the 500 directory limitation removed?

Mdknapp wrote:

I noticed that you said you could removed the 500 directory limitation, is this done? We are desperately needing it lifted as we have a ton of language directories...

Is it an option to remove the limit someplace? I tried searching but have not seen anything to answer this question.
No it is not done yet, neither there is option for this.

Advertisement

martin wrote:

Mdknapp wrote:

No it is not done yet, neither there is option for this.

Thanks for the quick reply. Any idea of timeframe for a build released with the constant changed? Just trying to get an idea.

Thank you for your time.

Matt

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Thanks for the quick reply. Any idea of timeframe for a build released with the constant changed? Just trying to get an idea.
It will take several weeks at least. However if you send me an email I can send it to you earlier.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum