Starnge temp file created

Advertisement

John Connor

Starnge temp file created

I have three websites I access in WinSCP. Two are phpBB driven sites and the other is a WordPress site. Every time I go to the files of the WordPress site I get a temp file in C:\Users\Aaron\AppData\Local\Temp\scp27576.

Why is this?

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Starnge temp file created

Can you explain what do you mean by "go to the files of the WordPress site" and "I get a temp file"?

John Connor

When I view the WordPress files in the FTP client WinSCP. Every time I do I get that temp file. I notice this by using the program spy the spy that shows me anything that's been added to my computer. The other directories in my public_html folder don't do this using WinSCP. Just when I open the public_html folder of Wordpress.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

I have sent you an email with a debug version of WinSCP to the address you have used to register on this forum.

Advertisement

John Connor

Hi. I was able to see this behavior finally using the debug version. I sent an E-mail to you with the log file attached. This temp file only gets created when I visit the FTP of my WordPress public_html and open a file like htaccess. My other two website FTP accounts do not exhibit this behavior. I do see on line 142 of the log that the temp directory is mentioned where this mysterious temp file is created.

Also, I was wondering why some of my installed programs are listed in the log?

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

John Connor wrote:

This temp file only gets created when I visit the FTP of my WordPress public_html and open a file like htaccess.
Actually, this is not, what you have claimed previously.

Previously you wrote:
Just when I open the public_html folder of Wordpress.

No temporary file should be created for "opening folder".

But for "opening file", you always get a temporary file. That's by design. And it cannot differ among various folders and files.

See also https://winscp.net/eng/docs/temp_folders

Advertisement

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum