Put "Edit New File..." on listing panel context menu

Advertisement

Anton P.

Put "Edit New File..." on listing panel context menu

Hi Martin,

Nice work with 3.7.6! 8) I particularly like the new "Type" column for remote listings.

I'd like to request a couple more items to be put on the context menu for the listing panel (the menu you get when you right-click an empty part of the lower panel where the files are listed; what do you call this context menu?!)

These are the items that can currently be found in the Files menu: "Edit New File..." and "Add/Edit Link...". Putting them on the context menu would make things a little bit more like Windows Explorer's own New submenu on the corresponding context menu. Ideally they would sit underneath the "Create Directory" item. In fact, because these commands were not on any context menu, I didn't even know they existed until I took a quick look through the menu items today to see if anything new had been added for the latest release! Which is a shame, because I have wanted to have an "(Edit) New File" option lots of times in the past!

I would like these items to be added to the context menu for both local and remote listings.

Cheers then,
Anton

Advertisement

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum