Connection refused

Advertisement

Connection refused

i have latest version of winscp i downloaded it like yesturday and i havent been able to log on but i use openssh for windows. Whenever i try to log onto my server i either get session timed out or a connection refused message. I am trying to see if this is a result of my network settings or a bad shell installation can anyone help me.

Advertisement

Re: Connection refused

martin wrote:

Can you post a log file?
Normally when somethng goes wrong i get a dialogue box that details what happens, but in this case i dont, i just recieve a "network failure: connection refused". is there another way to see the details?

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Connection refused

Turn on logging to file. Also does (not did!) older versions of WinSCP work? If it does, what version it is?

i use version 3.7.6 now, and no, no other versions work either. I went to enable log file but my version does not have that tab, i located it on the help screen and seen the screen shots of it, but i do not have that. Do you have any other suggestions?

Advertisement

Hello, thanks for the help i finally got my server to conenct, my sshd.exe was not runnign at boot up, but now i get a

server cannot initalize sftp:
Connection has been unexpectedly closed. Server sent command exit status 1.

what does this mean and how do i fix it.
thank you.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

server cannot initalize sftp:
Connection has been unexpectedly closed. Server sent command exit status 1.

what does this mean and how do i fix it.
It is your server that closes connection. So it must know the reason :-) Check its log files. Possible reason is that it cannot find SFTP server (the executable).

hello and thnx. looks like my problem is almost resolved, but i still do not have a log file tab. even when i check the advanced options box. I see that in my preferences i should have it between transfer and integration, but its not there, i use v 3.7.6

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

hello and thnx. looks like my problem is almost resolved, but i still do not have a log file tab. even when i check the advanced options box. I see that in my preferences i should have it between transfer and integration, but its not there, i use v 3.7.6
The log tab is not visible on preferences dialog when it is opened from the login dialog, because it is already there (on login dialog).
However I wanted you to check the server's log, not log of WinSCP.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum