Script problems

Advertisement

GrahamBall

Script problems

Hi,
I have a script in which I've tried to use cd\ and cd.., but have been informed that they are not recognised.
I get 'Error changing directory to '\'.'
The way round is to disconnect and reconnect, but why aren't these commands supported.

I was under the impression that the call command was supported, so I also have - call wait.bat 10 to give the time for the server to process my input file, before I go looking for the results, to which I get

Error skipping startup message. Your shell is probably incompatible with the application (BASH is recommended).
Connection has been unexpectedly closed. Server sent command exit status 254.

Isn't this a Windows app?

thx Graham

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Script problems

GrahamBall wrote:

I have a script in which I've tried to use cd\ and cd.., but have been informed that they are not recognised.
I get 'Error changing directory to '\'.'
The way round is to disconnect and reconnect, but why aren't these commands supported.
What about "cd /"? SCP/SFTP uses unix-style paths.

I was under the impression that the call command was supported, so I also have - call wait.bat 10 to give the time for the server to process my input file, before I go looking for the results, to which I get
Command "call" runs the command on remote server!

Well I wouldn't have guessed that a self-styled 'Windows' program would use Unix conventions.

I couldn't find any help on the supported 'Dos' commands, so I guess you only get that help from a Unix system.

Thanks,
GRaham

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Anonymous wrote:

Well I wouldn't have guessed that a self-styled 'Windows' program would use Unix conventions.
How do you want to transform unix style paths to windows style?

I couldn't find any help on the supported 'Dos' commands, so I guess you only get that help from a Unix system.
You cannot expect any help. WinSCP simply passes the command to the server. It does not interpret, nor understand it in any way. So it supports commands that the remote side supports, which differs.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum