Console Script Execute Snooze Feature

Advertisement

Tom Williams

Console Script Execute Snooze Feature

When my script does not return any value in 15 seconds, I get the abort button. I'd like to see a snooze for x number of minutes feature so I don't have to worry about accidentally aborting my script. Or the ability to set on the console a warning time to a variable value depending on the script that I am running.

Thanks again...

Tom

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Console Script Execute Snooze Feature

Tom Williams wrote:

I get the abort button. I'd like to see a snooze for x number of minutes feature so I don't have to worry about accidentally aborting my script.
I do not understand this.

Or the ability to set on the console a warning time to a variable value depending on the script that I am running.
You can make your stript print something now and then to avoid the message.

Tom Williams

Re: Console Script Execute Snooze Feature

When running a script that is executing a remote command that take more than 15 seconds the abort dialog and button shows up. I run several processes in my script that take more than 15 seconds to reply back so I see this button a lot. This way, I will not consistantly be prompted to abort since I know that my script will enter into situations where it will not respond for XX number of seconds or even minutes.

It would be nice if we could set the script warning snooze feature in the connection preferences.

|--------------------------------|
| Your process has not responded |
| for 15 seconds |
| |-------| Snooze |
| | ABORT | [99] |
| |-------| |
| |
|--------------------------------|

Thanks...

Tom Williams

Oops

My dialog box example got skewed. It was supposed to be a box with an Abort button on the left and a snooze option on the right.

Tom

Tom Williams

So, what do you think? Can we get this feature?

If we cannot have the snooze feature, the ability to disable this test in the connection properties would greatly help so that I can echo the results of the execution to a file and email it back to myself.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: So, what do you think? Can we get this feature?

Tom Williams wrote:

If we cannot have the snooze feature, the ability to disable this test in the connection properties would greatly help so that I can echo the results of the execution to a file and email it back to myself.
You can set a longer timeout meanwhile.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum