Remote Directory Refresh Error

Advertisement

Tom Williams

Remote Directory Refresh Error

If I push f5 to refresh my remote directory and it refreshes to many times I get an error, "Error Listing Directory, /directory..... Invalid access to memory". This is not causing any problems because I can just click OK but I thought I'd pass it on.

Regards,

Tom

Advertisement

Tom Williams

Re: Remote Directory Refresh Error

WinSCP 3.7.6 (Build 306)
Windows 2000 SP4

I'm going to be upgrading to Windows XP soon so this issue might dissappear.

Tom

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

I believe that the problem will rather disappear with the next version of WinSCP :-)

icab

Another problem regarding directory refresh: when pressing F5 (WinSCP 3.7.6, Explorer mode, right pane) it will not show new _directories_ created on the remote machine. Though, it will show remote _files_ created. Strange enough, in the left pane (directory tree) the new directory appears. To make it appear in the right pane too, I click on a different parent dir in the left pane, and then click again to the initial one.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

icab wrote:

Another problem regarding directory refresh: when pressing F5 (WinSCP 3.7.6, Explorer mode, right pane) it will not show new _directories_ created on the remote machine. Though, it will show remote _files_ created. Strange enough, in the left pane (directory tree) the new directory appears. To make it appear in the right pane too, I click on a different parent dir in the left pane, and then click again to the initial one.
I cannot reproduce the problem. Does it happen always or under some specific circumstances only?

icab

Finally I figured out what happens... You can only see the problem if the directory you are working in has many files, so that they cannot fit into the right pane. Then, on the server side, try to add a new directory, named "aaa". Then press F5 in WinSCP. In fact, WinSCP knows about the newly created directory, but it's invisible because it is _above_ the first file in the list.

So it was my mistake, I forgot that F5 works differently in WinSCP than on Windows Explorer (where it automatically puts the focus the first file in the list).

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum