Where are stored sessions stored?

Advertisement

Burson

Where are stored sessions stored?

I am moving from a Windows 2000 PC to Windows XP. I have several stored sessions on the old machine that I'd like to transfer to the new one, but I cannot find the files that keep this information. Where are they???

Thanks

Advertisement

Burson

Never mind

Oops!! I just hadn't read enough. I found on this web site how to set the preference to store configuration in an .ini file rather than in the registry. I did that and transferred the .ini to my new machine and all my saved sessions are there!!!

Great product!

thumbtack

Re: Never mind

Burson wrote:

Oops!! I just hadn't read enough. I found on this web site how to set the preference to store configuration in an .ini file rather than in the registry. I did that and transferred the .ini to my new machine and all my saved sessions are there!!!

Great product!

Where did you find that info? Iinstalled a new C drive, and now have my old one as my D drive, and I need to grab my stored sessions..All files are still on that old drive..

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Never mind

thumbtack wrote:

Where did you find that info? Iinstalled a new C drive, and now have my old one as my D drive, and I need to grab my stored sessions..All files are still on that old drive..
WinSCP stores configuration by default to Windows registry. If you do not have access to your old installation of Windows, you've lost your settings.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum