Topic "Connecting to z/OS to download "dataset""

ajdk

Hi (Martin)

I am connecting to an old IBM Mainframe running z/OS (220-TFTPD111 IBM FTP CS V1R12 at DKCSCD11).

I read bug #49, but actually I am very close to downloading the dataset that I need. When I use WinSCP through scripting I can connect fine, but I can only navigate to root, not the directory that I need. z/OS expects me to do a "cd 'FOLDER'" but WinSCP is not too happy about that. The build-in ftp client in windows can do this and so can many other clients, but we want to use WinSCP for different reasons.

I suspect that if I can do the "cd 'FOLDER'" then I will be able to download the dataset with mget (get is not supported), but I am not 100% sure. I would like to work with you on getting this to work and I will donate, I would just like to make sure that this is not either solved or something you do not wish to support.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Can you send me an email, so I can send you back a debug version of WinSCP to track the problem? Please include link back to this topic in your email. Also note in this topic that you have sent the email. Thanks.

You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile.

prikryl wrote:
Can you send me an email, so I can send you back a debug version of WinSCP to track the problem? Please include link back to this topic in your email. Also note in this topic that you have sent the email. Thanks.

You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile.

I have sent you an e-mail.
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License