WinSCP + EditPlus integration for multiple files

Advertisement

dbv

WinSCP + EditPlus integration for multiple files

The latest versions of WinSCP and EditPlus3 are installed (on a Windows XP machine). WinSCP connects to an EC2 instance. Want to open/edit/save multiple files at a time in EditPlus. Each time a file is edited and saved it should be transferred to EC2 automatically.

The WinSCP + EditPlus integration instructions at https://winscp.net/eng/docs/task_edit#mdi have been followed. But, it doesn't work. Every time a file save is attempted, the following error message dialog box appears:

File operation failed.
C:\...\Temp\scp08250\... EC2 path
The system cannot find the path specified.

Open/edit/save one file at a time works.

Any ideas how to solve for multiple files?

Advertisement

dbv

Re: WinSCP + EditPlus integration for multiple files

re: External editor opens each file in separate window (process)checked in external editor configuration for EditPlus? Yes
re: How do you open the file for editing from WinSCP? Right click on file name, select Edit.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

I have sent you an email with a debug version of WinSCP to address you have used to register on this forum.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

The External editor opens each file in separate window (process) has to be unchecked actually. I have corrected my response above.

zenfridge

Sorry to bump this, but to add additional useful information:

Even with the "External editor opens each file in separate window" unselected, you still need to modify the editor command line to tell EditPlus to use an existing process (-e) to load additional files in. Otherwise it will still open in separate windows (because of editplus, not winscp). Having forgotten this on every install I've done and then having to redig the option, I finally just updated the https://winscp.net/eng/docs/ui_editor_preferences page to reflect this information (since this web page is the first google answer).

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

zenfridge wrote:

Sorry to bump this, but to add additional useful information:

Even with the "External editor opens each file in separate window" unselected, you still need to modify the editor command line to tell EditPlus to use an existing process (-e) to load additional files in. Otherwise it will still open in separate windows (because of editplus, not winscp). Having forgotten this on every install I've done and then having to redig the option, I finally just updated the https://winscp.net/eng/docs/ui_editor_preferences page to reflect this information (since this web page is the first google answer).
Thanks for sharing this.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum