how can i get the SShKey from server ?

Advertisement

deconett

how can i get the SShKey from server ?

halo,
i have a big problem :),namely, I write a C # program that scans a network and connect using WinSCP to several servers.to connect to this server, I need a SSHkey!!!

how can i get this SShKey from server ?
can i connect to the Server without SSH key?

Many thanks for your help

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: how can i get the SShKey from server ?

deconett wrote:

how can i get this SShKey from server ?
You should know it before connecting. Should be part of the info you get from the server admin, along with your credentials.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: how can i get the SShKey from server ?

deconett wrote:

there exists a function with which I can get this infos from the server ? like winSCP does that.
No. That would spoil the purpose of key verification.

when are the update with the event to implement custom way of verifying the host key coming? :)
I cannot give any date yet.

Perhogan
Donor

I had the same problem today and I solved this way:

Assuming that i trust that the server that is at the address is reliable (it is an internal server in the network)
1) I purged the data saved in WinSCP from previous connections so it erases the saved key (under tools).
2) i reconnected to the sftp server, biung the 1st time WinSCP shows me the key and ask if I accept it anyway
3) At this point you see a message with the Key and there is a button to copy it :-)

problem solved :-)

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Perhogan wrote:

Assuming that i trust that the server that is at the address is reliable (it is an internal server in the network)
1) I purged the data saved in WinSCP from previous connections so it erases the saved key (under tools).
2) i reconnected to the sftp server, biung the 1st time WinSCP shows me the key and ask if I accept it anyway
3) At this point you see a message with the Key and there is a button to copy it :-)
You can also get the key on Server and Protocol Information Dialog:
https://winscp.net/eng/docs/ui_fsinfo

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum