Topic "Files regularly not written correctly by PUT"

Febo

Hello
I've built a VBA program that creates batch files to PUT single files from a windows server onto a linux web server.
The files are plain ascii CSVs of no great size.
I'm using option binary, but only because I get the same problem with option ascii.

Occassionally, the file's contents are either truncated (last line is incomplete) or actually scrambled - I'm looking at a file in which the last 10 or so lines occur TWICE at the end of the file.

When I check the source file its OK - only the uploaded file is corrupted
Any ideas?
Advertisements

No ideas? Gonna have to find a new product I'm afraid.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Please post a full log file showing the problem.

To generate log file, enable logging, log in to your server and do the operation and only the operation that causes the error. Submit the log with your post as an attachment. Note that passwords and passphrases not stored in the log. You may want to remove other data you consider sensitive though, such as host names, IP addresses, account names or file names (unless they are relevant to the problem). If you do not want to post the log publicly, you may email it to me. You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile. Please include link back to this topic in your email. Also note in this topic that you have emailed the log.

prikryl wrote:
Please post a full log file showing the problem.

To generate log file, enable logging, log in to your server and do the operation and only the operation that causes the error. Submit the log with your post as an attachment. Note that passwords and passphrases not stored in the log. You may want to remove other data you consider sensitive though, such as host names, IP addresses, account names or file names (unless they are relevant to the problem). If you do not want to post the log publicly, you may email it to me. You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile. Please include link back to this topic in your email. Also note in this topic that you have emailed the log.

Sorry, that won't help you - the log file just says the file was uploaded successfully. I've had to go for another product i'm afraid.
sorry
Febo

I thought you might be interested in this:
When I solved this problem I did 2 things:
1. I changed my ftp software (sorry!)
2. I changed a bit of VBA code that was responsible for ensuring that only 1 PUT at a time was being executed. This code I believe, was not working - it was letting the next PUT start before the last one had finished, and was probably re-trying to re-PUT the same file, hence, possibly, the resulting messup....

Because I changed both things at the same time, I don't know which one actually solved the problem.
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License