5.10 left side not taken when tab swiches

Advertisement

PbrGro

5.10 left side not taken when tab swiches

The previous versions I could open a new session and the new session takes left and right side as the paths were stored in the definitions.
Now with 5.10 we have tabs but the left side does not taken de path as stored in the session

Advertisement

PbrGro

Re: 5.10 left side not taken when tab swiches

PbrGro wrote:

The previous versions I could open a new session and the new session takes left and right side as the paths were stored in the definitions.
Now with 5.10 we have tabs but the left side does not taken de path as stored in the session
Solved it by newly opening the offending session alone, and saved it again.

PbrGro

[quote="PbrGro"]

PbrGro wrote:

Still lots of problems with the tabs!!!
I have 10 scripts and sometimes the left side is from the previous script, some times not.
Sometimes the left side it is not possible to go to a higher level, I cannot get a way to solve it, so I close all sessions, and open a new one, so I do not use the Tab feature.

Pieter

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

PbrGro wrote:

I have 10 scripts and sometimes the left side is from the previous script, some times not.
Sometimes the left side it is not possible to go to a higher level, I cannot get a way to solve it, so I close all sessions, and open a new one, so I do not use the Tab feature.
Can you please describe step by step in details how to reproduce the problem?

PbrGro

martin wrote:

Can you please describe step by step in details how to reproduce the problem?
I have a number o FTP accesses see WinScp-1. Most of them point to parts of the same website.
Fi I open Pictures and get WinSCP=2
Now I open in a tab Werk, and get left the correct window.
Now I start new again, Damm, its OK now and I could not reproduce it.
I'll watch it closely and try to retrace my steps when I see it again.

Maybe to do with the fact that the FTP links point to subdirectories on the same server.

Advertisement

PbrGro

OK, I got it !!
First opened Pictures, synchronized some file from local to remote, opened a new tab with other settings, and the left window stays the same, it should have the window from the new tab, so it has definitely something to do with the synchronize settings.

Its a stable situation, when a click on a tab, the left window stays, the right window changes correctly.
When I add a third tab, the left stays the same.
Close up everything. Try again without synchronizing, still the same
When I close everything and open the second window new, the left side is wrong, BUT I HAVE NOT SAVED THE SETTINGS OF THE TAB, so the setting are somewhere overwritten !!![/img]

Advertisement

marena22

Well, I have similar problem, it seems it's related to standby/resume cycle. Winscp probably somehow loses connection to local drive after resume and is unable to change local directory. Nothing works. Doubleclick existing directory, .. directory, open bookmark, manually write local directory (after Ctrl-o), not even the drive combo. Nothing. And the problem doesn't occur after each resume, it's random and even more miraculously, sometimes another standby/resume cures the problem and formerly inaccessible local drive become accessible again, when the computer wakes up.
I thought that it's related to multiple tabs (because local directory is hardlocked to one for all tabs), but I already encountered this behavior in single tab window, too.
Just to be complete, my local drive is SSD, not HDD - I don't know if it's important.

EDIT: I forgot to write - problem is only with changing directory. File transfers in both directions are OK, I just can't change local directory.

PbrGro

Damm, tried to repeat the procedure, but it works now, maybe marena22 is right that it is due to connection problems. I have a slow ADSL (10M down, 2Mup)line, and sometimes no connection when the wife is watching a film on her computer. Pulling a fibreglass to here cost me a fortune.

Pieter

PbrGro

After 12 minutes doing something else, returned to WinSCP, changed to the other tab, and BINGO, the left side stays on the first window

Pieter
Description: Desrcibes the problem

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

PbrGro wrote:

After 12 minutes doing something else, returned to WinSCP, changed to the other tab, and BINGO, the left side stays on the first window
Thanks for your report.
I have sent you an email with a debug version of WinSCP to address you have used to register on this forum.

Advertisement

marena22

I have found a workaround for my problem. When I open Disk Management, add/remove drive letter/path of any volume, Winscp unlocks itself and I can change local directory again. It seems that OS (Win7 x64) sends some broadcast message about the change and Winscp reloads the state of local drives...

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum