Cannot kill failed winscp session

Advertisement

FredSmith1

Cannot kill failed winscp session

When you try connect to any winscp session and it fails for whatever reason, there is no simple and quick way to kill the session. I either have to wait for it to time out or I have to run task manager (windows) and kill the winscp process.

When I press the red X in the window it says Cancel but the process does not immediately close. Instead I have to again wait for it to time out or kill the process in task manager.

There should be a simple way to kill the failed process and/or session immediately instead of having to wait for it to time out.

This is a problem with latest stable release and has been a problem for as long as I can remember in previous releases.

Advertisement

Ciantic

I vote for this, very annoying.

To me it hangs immediately also if I try to connect server that does not respond. In that case there is no timeouts, it just hangs. Must kill from Task manager, has been doing that for ages.

I suppose it's not a bug, but a annoyance which isn't bothered to fix. I'm not complaining though, WinSCP is still the best SFTP client for Windows.

tburkeinVermont

not responding

Ciantic wrote:

I vote for this, very annoying.

To me it hangs immediately also if I try to connect server that does not respond. In that case there is no timeouts, it just hangs. Must kill from Task manager, has been doing that for ages.

I suppose it's not a bug, but a annoyance which isn't bothered to fix. I'm not complaining though, WinSCP is still the best SFTP client for Windows.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
And even setup "freezes" and before i reinstalled,the program would just stop responding in seconds after opening. Unable to kill the process. had to reboot each time. Tried to put every file in exclusions in ESET as that was my primary villian. so far, no luck. Program does not run when ESET is disabled.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum