Windows 11 - Files in files list not right selected

Advertisement

diegomath

Windows 11 - Files in files list not right selected

Files are selected wrongly, causing problems with dragging, seems to only occur on Windows 11

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Windows 11 - Files in files list not right selected

I was not able to identify any problems with selecting files on Windows 11.

Dante69

Selecting items windows 11

I have had the same behaviour - its like the old trolling cursor that would click one item above where it should etc and become enough of a pain to notice and enough of a pain to comment....

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Selecting items windows 11

I do not think it's a good idea to try to workaround some glitch in pre-release version of Windows.
So would you please report this to Microsoft instead?

Advertisement

Nubzior

I can confirm there is problem with cursor position on what you click on the list tree.
Windows 11 21H2 22000.71

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

@Nubzior: There was no change on WinSCP side. There was change on Microsoft side. So why do you think it's a problem of WinSCP? It seems that Microsoft broke something.

Also afaik, Total Commander does not use standard Windows list control, but a custom one. While WinSCP does use the standard Windows list control. So Total Commander is not relevant to the problem.

And it's quite likely that Microsoft didn't break the list control completely. They would have noticed for sure, if they did. They broke some specific set up that affects limited set of applications only.

Please report it to Microsoft.

Advertisement

RickyShade
Donor

Yeah, I think this has been fixed in the latest build as it hasn't happened yet. Though it did take a while of using WinSCP before I noticed it last time, but so far so good.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum