Optional Windows Explorer view for the Commander interface

Advertisement

djhanson

Optional Windows Explorer view for the Commander interface

Hello,

First I would like to say that WinSCP is absolutely the best ftp/sftp Windows client that I have ever used. I've been waiting a long time for a world class client like this one.

My suggestion for a new feature is to add an option that would allow a 4 way split window to be displayed when using the Commander interface. This option would display a Windows Explorer type of view for both the remote and local files.

This new feature would basically still look like the current Commander interface, but with 2 additional views... something like this:
---------------------------------------------------------
|  Directories/folders     | files for selected |
|  for local file system    | local directory      |
|  displayed here            | displayed here    |
|                                         |                                |                                         
|--------------------------------------------------------|
|  Directories/Folders    | files for selected |
|  for remote system      | remote directory  |
|  displayed here            | displayed here    |
|--------------------------------------------------------|
This would allow for maximum flexibility when moving files from one system to another. And you could increase this flexibility furhter be allowing drag and drop from one instance of WinSCP to another instance which would allow the user to copy from one remote server to another.

Thanks for creating and maintaining such an outstanding product.

Dennis

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Optional Windows Explorer view for the Commander interface

If you ask for directory tree to be displayed along the one-directory content, this will be added soon.

Arne

Hi,

has this feature been implemented? I'm searching for a solution to display the norton interface as two explorers, local and remote, both with trees on the left side.

Thanks,

Arne

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Arne wrote:

has this feature been implemented? I'm searching for a solution to display the norton interface as two explorers, local and remote, both with trees on the left side.
Please read documentation.

Advertisement

Arne

Hi,

I've read the documentation but I didn't find any way to move the trees from the top to the sides.

Thanks,

Arne

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Arne wrote:

I've read the documentation but I didn't find any way to move the trees from the top to the sides.
Sorry, I did not understood that you ask for this. It is not possible.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum