Synchronization issues

Advertisement

hico

Synchronization issues

Hi Martin,

I've retried to use the synchronization features of WinSCP. Good work! The SFTP mode solved the DST 1-hour-off problems I had. Some thoughts:

- when I synced remote to local, timestamps were not preserved, may be a bug there

- the FAT 2s precision .. the fix of course is that the user (me) must move local dirs, which should be kept in sync with remote, to NTFS partitions. Do you think it would be worth to issue a warning "this is not possible, use NTFS instead" in situations, when user tries to transfer files to FAT and expects the timestamp to be preserved exactly? (like sync to local, or cp/mv to local with preserve timestamp selected)

- a "dry run" synchronization would be handy. it'd just print out what it would change, but wouldn't do anything. That way one could check that synchronize would do what is expected and desirable.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Synchronization issues

hico wrote:

- when I synced remote to local, timestamps were not preserved, may be a bug there
Do you have "Preserve timestamp" option on?

- the FAT 2s precision .. the fix of course is that the user (me) must move local dirs, which should be kept in sync with remote, to NTFS partitions. Do you think it would be worth to issue a warning "this is not possible, use NTFS instead" in situations, when user tries to transfer files to FAT and expects the timestamp to be preserved exactly? (like sync to local, or cp/mv to local with preserve timestamp selected)
I'll consider that.

- a "dry run" synchronization would be handy. it'd just print out what it would change, but wouldn't do anything. That way one could check that synchronize would do what is expected and desirable.
Added to wishlist :-)

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum