Internal Editor - Refresh inplace - Refresh kb shortcut

Advertisement

mhume

Internal Editor - Refresh inplace - Refresh kb shortcut

Hi
When using WinSCP to look at log files it would be really handy to have the F5 key refresh the file rather than having to use the mouse to press the refresh button.

Just to add to the wish list, if the line number position in file could stay over a refresh then this would be ace. This would make tracking logging events a breeze.

Thanks in advance
mh

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Internal Editor - Refresh inplace - Refresh kb shortcut

mhume wrote:

When using WinSCP to look at log files it would be really handy to have the F5 key refresh the file rather than having to use the mouse to press the refresh button.
There's keyboard shortcut for that: Ctrl+R
https://winscp.net/eng/docs/ui_editor

Just to add to the wish list, if the line number position in file could stay over a refresh then this would be ace. This would make tracking logging events a breeze.
This request has been added to the tracker:
Issue 985 – Remember cursor position when reloading file in internal editor

mhume

cheers

Ah
Ctrl+R to refresh. Good to know!
On the main interface F5 refreshes the file / directory list
Assumed this would be so in the internal editor also...
Maybe it should too???
Cheers
mh

P.S. I know it sounds like we're all moaning about trivial issues with your great application but please imagine I'm posting this with a big smile and a thumbs up for all you hard work. I know what its like to code open source and it makes you wonder why you do it more often than not! That being said i use WinSCP on a daily basis. I should donate! Ok i will! From mhume with love!

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: cheers

@mhume: WinSCP has two main interfaces (Commander and Explorer), each with different refresh shortcut (Ctrl+R or F5). What makes it bit more complicated.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum