Strip UTF8 byte-order-mask on FTP upload (regression)

Advertisement

gpetrioli

Strip UTF8 byte-order-mask on FTP upload (regression)

I believe that there is a re-introduction (or regression) of a previously reported bug.

The initial bug is (bug#888): https://winscp.net/tracker/888 and it is stated that it was fixed for v5.0.8

The version i use is 5.1.4 (build 3020) on Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Not sure if it is an edge case, so i will post some more info

The files i upload have .vbhtml extension (these are asp.net mvc 3 razor view files) and contain html and asp.net razor code (text)

These files lose their BOM (Byte-Order-Mark) char(s) at the beginning of the file. (this causes the browsers to misinterpret their contents)

If i rename the files to .bin and upload them they get transferred fine (obviously as binary) so i understand that the problem occurs with text files.

Advertisement

gpetrioli

Ah, ok.

I thought the summary was the bug and not a request (should have paid more attention to the severity)

Thanks for the heads up.

(add one more vote for the implementation of that feature.. )

Linda Kaioh

Hi! I'm using WinSCP beta 5.2.3 build 3436.

When I edit files with internal editor they lose BOM on save (and upload). It's because internal editor use only text mode (I prefer binary for everything).

Can you fix it? ^^'

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Linda Kaioh wrote:

Hi! I'm using WinSCP beta 5.2.3 build 3436.

When I edit files with internal editor they lose BOM on save (and upload). It's because internal editor use only text mode (I prefer binary for everything).

Can you fix it? ^^'
The Bug 842 is implemented. But if you want to "fix" internal editor to support binary mode, it's unlikely. Use your favorite external editor for this.

Advertisement

Linda Kaioh

martin wrote:

The Bug 842 is implemented. But if you want to "fix" internal editor to support binary mode, it's unlikely. Use your favorite external editor for this.

Err... Can internal editor (or text mode transfer) preserve BOM?

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum