COM methods not visible [solved]

Advertisement

piedmont

COM methods not visible [solved]

Hi Martin,

I'm trying to use the COM version of the .NET wrapper. The dev environment is Microsoft Dynamics NAV (a version which supports only COM DLLs)

I've followed the installation instructions in https://winscp.net/eng/docs/library_install

I'm now able to see the DLL as an available variable type. However when i create variables of type 'WinSCP console interface .NET wrapper'.Session or SessionOptions, no methods or properties are visible/available. (The only type which has visible methods is ISessionEvents)

When we develop custom DLLs for Dynamics NAV (in Vis Studio), we have to specify both the DLL and methods to be COM visible - otherwise we get similar behaviour to the above.

Is there anything we can try to resolve this?

Many thanks in advance,
Piedmont

WinSCP version: 5.1.7.3446
Last edited by piedmont on 2013-09-23 10:41; edited 1 time in total

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: COM methods not visible

WinSCP .NET assembly has late binding interface, if that's what you ask about. If you need early binding interface, you can download the assembly source code and change WinSCP.Constants.ClassInterface to ClassInterfaceType.AutoDual.

Advertisement

nikonjoh

Same Issue, while I can see the DLL functions, I cannot see thier methods

It looks like piedmont was able to change the source and compile and get the .Net Com to work in Dynamics NAV. I am not so talented in the build/compile department.

Is this the current mod needed to resolve this issue?

Thanks,
nikonjoh

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Same Issue, while I can see the DLL functions, I cannot see thier methods

nikonjoh wrote:

It looks like piedmont was able to change the source and compile and get the .Net Com to work in Dynamics NAV. I am not so talented in the build/compile department.

Is this the current mod needed to resolve this issue?
Not sure I understand your question. But there was no change in this respect, if that's what you ask.

Advertisement

TNDinh

Share DLL of WinSCP to developing in NAV 5.0

Dear Piedmont,

Could you please share me object that you have changed for developing in Nav 5.0?

Many thanks in advance,
TNDinh.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum