Downloading files modified today or within last 2 hours

Advertisement

ichayan

Downloading files modified today or within last 2 hours

I am using winscp to download files from a unix server. I need to download files which are created on that day and /in the last two hours, there are files from at least ten days in the directory. The files doesnt have any extension. file names are a series of numbers. I can only connect to the server using FTP protocol.

I used the file mask and and tried

get *>2h
and
get *>2014-01-16

its downloading everything in the directory in the GUI i can see there are files with time stamps from 07-01-2014 onwards

Also is there a way to search for a string in the files on the fileserver and download only those files which has the string in it.

E45OPQ

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Downloading files modified today or within last 2 hours

Your syntax is correct. Make sure you are using the latest version of WinSCP.
If you are, please attach a full log file showing the problem (using the latest version of WinSCP).

To generate log file, use /log=path_to_log_file command-line argument. Submit the log with your post as an attachment. Note that passwords and passphrases not stored in the log. You may want to remove other data you consider sensitive though, such as host names, IP addresses, account names or file names (unless they are relevant to the problem). If you do not want to post the log publicly, you may email it to me. You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile. Please include link back to this topic in your email. Also note in this topic that you have emailed the log.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Downloading files modified today or within last 2 hours

ichayan wrote:

Also is there a way to search for a string in the files on the fileserver and download only those files which has the string in it.
I do not think there's any way to search file contents with FTP protocol, without downloading it.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum