WinSCP requiring passphrase for private key in pageant

Advertisement

blimvere

WinSCP requiring passphrase for private key in pageant

I recently upgraded to WinSCP 5.5.1. The upgrade process kept all of my defined sites. I use PuTTY private keys and pageant for access to most of my servers. Since the upgrade WinSCP is asking for my keep passphrase each time I log in, even though the key is loaded in pageant. This is new behaviour since the upgrade. Below is a screenshot of the winscp dialog next to the pageant window showing the key.

This is inconvenient as I have to log into numerous servers to collect logs.[/img]

WinSCP_passphrase_bug_2014-02-17_10-03-39.png

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: WinSCP requiring passphrase for private key in pageant

This probably means WinSCP does not see the Pageant at all. What version of Pageant are you using? Please attach a full log file showing the problem.

To generate log file, enable logging, log in to your server and do the operation and only the operation that causes the error. Submit the log with your post as an attachment. Note that passwords and passphrases not stored in the log. You may want to remove other data you consider sensitive though, such as host names, IP addresses, account names or file names (unless they are relevant to the problem). If you do not want to post the log publicly, you may email it to me. You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile. Please include link back to this topic in your email. Also note in this topic that you have emailed the log.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum