Permission denied when using command line but not GUI.

Advertisement

WingsofRed

Permission denied when using command line but not GUI.

I have an FTP site that I'm connecting to that I'm able to connect to fine using both the GUI and winscp.com in the command line. With the GUI, I'm able to change directories okay and transmit files to whatever directory I want. When I use winscp.com from the command line, I get a permission denied when trying to list the contents of any folder but the root and transmit files to any folder other than the root. The permissions must be there on their side in order for the GUI to work. Is there any reason that the GUI would work but not the command line?

Thanks for your help.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Permission denied when using command line but not GUI.

Enable logging for both GUI and scripting session and compare the log. If it does not help, please attach the logs here.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

In GUI you upload to /home/se2_2_gafg/Share/se2_2_gafg/IN_TO_GA/, while in script to /home/se2_2_gafg/share/se2_2_gafg/IN_TO_GA. Note the capital S in GUI. I guess this makes the difference.

Also you should really upgrade. WinSCP 4.3.7 is pretty old.

WingsofRed

I apparently stared at it way too long and missed that. That's the first site I've come across that the folder names were case sensitive.

Thanks for your help and yes I do need to upgrade. :)

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum