Log file in use / already exists

Advertisement

pinkfloydx33

Log file in use / already exists

I am using the .NET wrapper to control winscp. When I open a new session, I get an exception indicating one of the follow:
1. another process has the log file in use
2. the log file already exists

I can't get any further then attempting to open the session. I've tried setting the log paths to directories that I've given access to 'everyone' as well as the account that I'm running visual studio in.

If the log file exists:
A first chance exception of type 'WinSCP.SessionLocalException' occurred in WinSCPnet.dll

Additional information: Configured temporary file c:\winscplogs\log.xml already exists

If I delete the log file OR do not manually set a log path:

A first chance exception of type 'System.IO.IOException' occurred in mscorlib.dll

Additional information: The process cannot access the file 'c:\winscplogs\log.xml' because it is being used by another process.

A first chance exception of type 'System.IO.IOException' occurred in mscorlib.dll

Additional information: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\mhull\AppData\Local\Temp\wscp29FC.01794AF2.tmp' because it is being used by another process.

I have tried using .Net framework 4.5 and 4.0. I've tried setting the target architecture from Any CPU to x86. Getting no luck here.

Advertisement

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum