Uploading File to SFTP using Key Authentication in SSIS

Advertisement

Ravindra Chate

Uploading File to SFTP using Key Authentication in SSIS

Hi,

I want to upload file to SFTP using private key authentication. So I wrote below code in SSIS Script Task. Can you please suggest this much code is enough for the same or am I missing anything? Thanks in advance for your valuable answers.
SessionOptions sessionOptions = new SessionOptions
{
  Protocol = Protocol.Sftp,
  HostName = sftpHostName, //Destination server to which we need to connect to
  UserName = sftpUserId, //Destination server UserId (or Source server user id?)
  SshHostKeyFingerprint = sftpHosyKeyFingerPrint,
  SshPrivateKeyPath = sftpPrivateKeyPath //Entire physical path that maps to .ppk private key (Eg: C:\PrivateKey\SFTPKey.ppk)
};

//Start Session
using (Session session = new Session())
{
  session.ExecutablePath = executablePath;
  session.Open(sessionOptions);

// Upload files
  TransferOptions transferOptions = new TransferOptions();
  transferOptions.TransferMode = TransferMode.Binary;
  TransferOperationResult transferResult;
  transferResult = session.PutFiles(fileToUpload, sftpDestinationServerPath, false, transferOptions);

// Throw on any error
  transferResult.Check();
}
Also put query on the WinSCP site forum and put the below code [2] in there to check if this code will be good enough for authentication and file transfer using private-public key? Or else additional coding is required for key authentication.

Advertisement

asher629

using private key for an SFTP connection from SSIS package

Martin, which of the following parameters named in the thread I am responding to, for an SFTP connection with a private key are mandatory: Host name, User name, Ssh Host Key Fingerprint, Ssh Private Key Path? Someone I need to send files to, and receive files from, gave me the host name and private key only. No fingerprint, no user name. Thank you

asher629

using private key for an SFTP connection from SSIS package

Thank you, Martin. Will the attached image give you any clue as to what I did wrong in establishing a new connection? I will send an email to introduce myself, will post all the questions here. Thank you
  • time_out.JPG (88.79 KB, Private file)

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: using private key for an SFTP connection from SSIS package

Can you connect to that hostname using any SSH/SFTP client at all? Can you ping the host?

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum