S3 file metadata set incorrectly

Advertisement

Jussi Sarén

S3 file metadata set incorrectly

When uploading a html file to AWS S3 using WinSCP version 5.12.1, WinSCP gives S3 file wrong metadata Content-Type. Or I don'k know whether it's wrong but at least it's incorrect. Here's the use case:

We have a static HTML web site hosted in S3. The bucket has static website hosting enabled and index.html is set as a default document. We'd like use WinSCP to upload/synchronize the files to the bucket. When uploading file called index.html to S3 everything is fine until we try to reach the document via HTTP. When I enter the website address to my browser, the file is downloaded instead of displayed on the page. The reason is that when WinSCP uploads the file, it sets Content-Type metadata to the file, and in our case the 'default' value is binary/octet-stream while it should be text/html.

I'm not sure whether this is a bug or is this a feature which I have configured wrongly?

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: S3 file metadata set incorrectly

Thanks for your post.

This issue has been added to the tracker:
https://winscp.net/tracker/1602

Can you send me an email, so I can send you back a development version of WinSCP for testing?
Please include link back to this topic in your email. Also note in this topic that you have sent the email. Thanks.

You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum