Incorrect binary transfer using WinSCP

Advertisement

dwade

Incorrect binary transfer using WinSCP

This file transfer was tested with WinSCP version 5.1.7 and 5.5.3, WinSCP.com, Filezilla version 3.5.3, CoreFTP version 2.2, and PuTTy PSFTP.

All WinSCP application transferred file incorrectly. However the file was transferred in binary but still incorrectly.

CKSUM information for this file should read:
944547907 17021647

When transferred using WinSCP the results are:
1712354705 17021621

or

3436221932 17021621

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Incorrect binary transfer using WinSCP

Please attach a full log file showing the problem (using the latest version of WinSCP). Please also attach a sample file.

To generate log file, enable logging, log in to your server and do the operation and only the operation that causes the error. Submit the log with your post as an attachment. Note that passwords and passphrases not stored in the log. You may want to remove other data you consider sensitive though, such as host names, IP addresses, account names or file names (unless they are relevant to the problem). If you do not want to post the log publicly, you can mark the attachment as private.

dwade

Unable to upload the log and orginal file to this site.

I will try later. I could be a problem with my current location.

dwade

Orginal File.

File can be downloaded here. <invalid hyperlink removed by admin>

Now just need to figure out how to get you the log file.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: upload limitation..

I have raised the limit to 10 MB. I'm pretty sure that 64 MB log file easily compresses to less than 10 MB. Thanks.

dwade

Additional Information..

I should also mention that file transfer mode is server controlled. This is determined by file extension, example: *.txt = text | *.bin = binary

Again this has been tested with several applications and only failed to work with WinSCP.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Additional Information..

Thanks for the log. I did not find anything unusual there.

Can you get me a copy of the corrupted file and matching WinSCP log file?

dwade wrote:

I should also mention that file transfer mode is server controlled. This is determined by file extension, example: *.txt = text | *.bin = binary
How does this work? There's no mechanism for that in SFTP protocol. Anyway, I suppose the server selected binary transfer for the file in question, right?

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum