Faster downloads!

Advertisement

Simba
Donor

Faster downloads!

Hello, i am sorry if this had been requested before.
I am aware of "Transfer each file individually in background" setting, but it does not work with folders.

For example, i drag n drop folder from server to my computer. It gets all files recursively and processes one file at the time. There are many small files, that takes tremendous amount of time!
I have set "Maximum number of transfers at the same time" to 5, but as i said i get only one download at time!

Would it be possible to do that "Maximum number of transfers at the same time" would actually take 5 files from the file queue and would download them at once? Like Filezila does.

Thank you

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Simba wrote:

Thank you very much.
Would it be possible to include this fix into 5.0.8 version?
Sorry, no way. That's too big change.

Simba
Donor

Please move up

Hello,

Thanks for the new release! It is more stable.
I would like to ask if you could increase this issue higher in the tracker.
There are many not important changes way up than 875 ID.

This would be great addition to see in WinSCP 5 !
I would make another donation for your super work!

What others are thinking, is it good feature that should be included in the next release?

Thanks

Advertisement

ds

Having just switched from FileZilla to WinSCP for its master password functionality, this is the only thing that I have found missing in WinSCP. A common use case is to transfer a large directory tree and this would be much faster if the downloads could be queued recursively.

For now, I am working around the issue by queuing multiple subfolders at a time, but towards the end of the transfer this usually leaves the largest subfolder transferring one file at a time, which is needlessly slow.

Thanks for the otherwise great software!

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

ds wrote:

Having just switched from FileZilla to WinSCP for its master password functionality, this is the only thing that I have found missing in WinSCP. A common use case is to transfer a large directory tree and this would be much faster if the downloads could be queued recursively.

For now, I am working around the issue by queuing multiple subfolders at a time, but towards the end of the transfer this usually leaves the largest subfolder transferring one file at a time, which is needlessly slow.
Thanks for your feedback and the donation! Taking it into account :)

Advertisement

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum