Logging out of a scp session automatically

Advertisement

shanta

Logging out of a scp session automatically

I would like the winscp to logout of the scp session after a specified amount of time(like in ssh session expire) if there are no data transfers going on. I am not sure if winscp already has this feature. But this is something that is very useful to me.

Thanks,

- shanta

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Logging out of a scp session automatically

shanta wrote:

I would like the winscp to logout of the scp session after a specified amount of time(like in ssh session expire)
SSH session expire timeout can be set on the SSH server. Of course it applies for SCP/SFTP session as well. However as WinSCP operates in synchronous manner, it does not detect disconnection unless you attempt to do some action (like copying file, or just automatic keepalive attempt). Is this what you ask for?

vasureddy619

martin wrote:

shanta wrote:

I would like the winscp to logout of the scp session after a specified amount of time(like in ssh session expire)
SSH session expire timeout can be set on the SSH server. Of course it applies for SCP/SFTP session as well. However as WinSCP operates in synchronous manner, it does not detect disconnection unless you attempt to do some action (like copying file, or just automatic keepalive attempt). Is this what you ask for?

I also want the feature what shanta asked for, is it possible to automatically logout a sftp session in winscp if it is idle for some minutes and should ask for the password

Reply with quote E-mail

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

vasureddy619 wrote:

I also want the feature what shanta asked for, is it possible to automatically logout a sftp session in winscp if it is idle for some minutes and should ask for the password
Configure this on the SFTP server.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum