Exporting deleted session / import disapers after logging in

Advertisement

knappmk

Exporting deleted session / import disapers after logging in

Hello,

I think I found a bug while using the export/import-functionality of WinSCP.

When you delete a Session in login/session-window (when you start WinSCP), it isn't displayed anymore. But when you export your settings to an ini-file, the deleted sessions and folders where still inside the ini-file. That's also the reason, why deleted sessions and folders appear again when restoring the ini-file.

Another strange thing is, when you start WinSCP it is possible to import settings from an ini-file. After you logged into a session and colsed it again (Session > Session disconnect), there were less options (such as import settings...) under the button 'tools' in the login/session-window. When restarting the application the dissapeared options appear again.

I hope I discribed the problems well enough.

Greetings,
knappmk

[Sorry for my bad English]

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Exporting deleted session / import disapers after logging in

knappmk wrote:

When you delete a Session in login/session-window (when you start WinSCP), it isn't displayed anymore. But when you export your settings to an ini-file, the deleted sessions and folders where still inside the ini-file. That's also the reason, why deleted sessions and folders appear again when restoring the ini-file.
I cannot reproduce the problem.

Can you send me an email, so I can send you back a debug version of WinSCP to track the problem? Please include link back to this topic in your email. Also note in this topic that you have sent the email. Thanks.

You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile.

Another strange thing is, when you start WinSCP it is possible to import settings from an ini-file. After you logged into a session and colsed it again (Session > Session disconnect), there were less options (such as import settings...) under the button 'tools' in the login/session-window. When restarting the application the dissapeared options appear again.
These additional tools are indeed available on initial Login window only.
Documented here: https://winscp.net/eng/docs/ui_login#tools

knappmk

Re: Exporting deleted session / import disapers after logging in

martin wrote:

Also note in this topic that you have sent the email.
I've send an email to prikryl.

There is a more detailed description in the email about the problem when exporting the settings and sessions. The problem described above only appears when the ini-file is overwritten while using the export-function.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum