Updated client now I can't connect

Advertisement

ironic_8b49

Updated client now I can't connect

My server required a fresh install of the OS, the old HDD I used a private putty key. I also run winSCP at two different locations, At home I deleted old data when I uninstalled winSCP 4.4 from my PC and I was able to connect to my server with no issues. At work I didn't delete the data when I uninstall winSCP 4.4 and when then installed winSCP 5.56 and tried to connect making new profile but it didn't work out. I have uninstalled winSCP 5.56 and removed data that time but still will not let me connect. I took my server to work to figure this out and at work if I change the host from a URL to an local IP it will let me connect. I need the work one to be able to connect via internet. My guess the problem has something to do with that private putty key I used in winSCP 4.4. From lots of reading I believe my issues is cause I used a putty key and I forgot the pass phrase so I can 't reload it, how do I delete it off my server so I can connect again.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Updated client now I can't connect

Please attach a full log file showing the problem (using the latest version of WinSCP).

To generate log file, enable logging, log in to your server and do the operation and only the operation that causes the error. Submit the log with your post as an attachment. Note that passwords and passphrases not stored in the log. You may want to remove other data you consider sensitive though, such as host names, IP addresses, account names or file names (unless they are relevant to the problem). If you do not want to post the log publicly, you can mark the attachment as private.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum