Reporting an error in winscp

Advertisement

oliverfr

Reporting an error in winscp

Hello,

Just taking a minute to report a bug with winscp, an error message that showed when I clicked to open a remote directory, and then, instead of having that directory opened, I had winscp display that error.

Maybe - maybe : not sure - the directory wasn't existing anymore at the time I clicked to open it.

That was an FTP connection on port 21 with explicit TLS, and I wasn't just browsing, there was a file transfer from (local to remote) ongoing, gradually filling another directory at the remote location. (If the precisions are necessary.)

The real problem - otherwise I wouldn't have come to report - was that the error message would NOT close itself, clicking OK, Reconnect, Help, or the upper-right cross didn't do anything about it.

I had to shutdown the program from the processes manager, and upon restarting, the bug didn't come again (at least not within three minutes, huhu.)

Using winscp portable 5.6.3 build 4824.

See the screenshot for reference.

I don't see what more information I can offer, so I'm done here. Have a good day ! :)

Description: the error message that wouldn't let itself be closed

winscp error.jpg

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Reporting an error in winscp

Thanks for your report.
I have sent you an email with a debug version of WinSCP to address you have used to register on this forum.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum