WinSCP shows rights differnt from FileZilla

Advertisement

RolandG.

WinSCP shows rights differnt from FileZilla

With FileZilla I see the rights on all servers and can change them. With WinSCP I see the rights only on some servers.

I know, that WinSCP can show the rights only, if this feature will be supportet by the server. But why can FileZilla shows the rights in all cases?

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: WinSCP shows rights differnt from FileZilla

Please attach a full log file showing the problem both from WinSCP and FileZilla (using the latest versions of both).

To generate a log file in WinSCP, enable logging, log in to your server and do the operation and only the operation that causes the error. Submit the log with your post as an attachment. Note that passwords and passphrases not stored in the log. You may want to remove other data you consider sensitive though, such as host names, IP addresses, account names or file names (unless they are relevant to the problem). If you do not want to post the log publicly, you can mark the attachment as private.

RolandG.

do the operation and only the operation that causes the error

I can't do this, because the problem occours without any operation. For more information see the attached screenshots: After login the columns rights and owner are empty in WinSCP but filled in FileZilla. The same after right click to a file and selecting properties.

The problem occours only on the servers from Strato (<invalid hyperlink removed by admin>).

FileZilla.png

WinSCP.png

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

RolandG. wrote:

I can't do this, because the problem occours without any operation. For more information see the attached screenshots: After login the columns rights and owner are empty in WinSCP but filled in FileZilla. The same after right click to a file and selecting properties.
The "operation" in this case is a listing of directory contents.

Anyway, I believe this was fixed in 5.6.2:
https://winscp.net/tracker/1208

Please upgrade. If that does not help, attach the session log.

I try it with 5.6.4. Now the rights column isn't empty, but it shows values different from FileZilla or WinSCP at other servers than strato. For example, cmpdfe or adfrw instead of rwxr-xr-x or rw-r--r--

You will find the log attached

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Can you attach screenshots from WinSCP and FileZilla for this server (Kikonia) too? Also a session log from FileZilla would be useful. Thanks.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Can you also attach a FileZilla log from Strato server? I cannot see where FileZilla got those octal permissions.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Thanks. In FileZilla, can you please go to Edit > Settings > Debug and check Show raw directory listing.
Then, collect new logs from both Strato and Kikonia and attach them here.
What version of FileZilla are you using?
Any chance of getting a test account on either of the servers?
Are the latest WinSCP screenshots all from 5.6.4?
Thanks for all your help!

Roland G.

In this case Strato and Kikonia are the same: Strato ist the hoster and Kikonia the domain of a hosting package on a Strato server.

Now, I have installed a ftp account for you on this server. Can I send you the login datas by private massage?

I think, if you have a ftp account, you don't need more answers to your questions. Is this right?

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Roland G. wrote:

Now, I have installed a ftp account for you on this server. Can I send you the login datas by private massage?
Thanks. Either send me an email or attach a private attachment with credentials here.

You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile.

Roland G.

Okay, attached the login datas. The test account offers you a empty test folder.
  • KikoniaFTPTestaccount.txt (75 Bytes, Private file)

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Thanks.

This issue has been added to the tracker:
https://winscp.net/tracker/1267

Can you send me an email, so I can send you back a dev version of WinSCP for testing? Please include link back to this topic in your email. Also note in this topic that you have sent the email. Thanks.

You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile.

Roland G.
Donor

E mail was sent!

Thank you for help, because I like to change from FileZilla (which I used many years) to WinSCP (which I discovered quite recently) and prefer the user interface and the password handling (FileZilla stores passwords unencrypted).

BTW: Did you never hear about this problemem before? Strato is one of the bigegst hosters in Europe...

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Roland G. wrote:

BTW: Did you never hear about this problemem before? Strato is one of the bigegst hosters in Europe...
No. I was actually aware of a deficiency on WinSCP side, but as I never encountered a server, where this was a real issue, I never bothered to improve it.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum