BUG report: sym links not refreshed between sessions

Advertisement

khoffman

BUG report: sym links not refreshed between sessions

Ok, didn't see a report of this behavior which looks like a bug to me.

I have a sym link to a directory I use a lot. It is just a trick to get deep in a directory tree to my current workspace. The sym link worked fine in WinSCP. Then I moved the symlink to target a directory one level lower. Works fine in SeccureCRT but in WinSCP, clicking the symlink still goes to the same location that the link orginally pointed to. Since it was only a minor issue, I didn't worry about it. The behavior persisted through many sessions of WinSCP. Finally, I looked at the properties of the file in WinSCP. The properties listed the correct sym link target (ie not the one that WinSCP actually went to). I then hit refresh and clicked the sym link and it went to the correct location 1 directory level lower in the tree.

Thanks for the great product. Hope this helps.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

It is not a bug, it is feature :-)

The affect of entering the directory is optionally cached permanently. You may turn this off on Directories tab o Login window.

You may clean cache for one directory by reloading it. To clean cache for whole server, use Commands/Clean Caches.

Note that WinSCP does not use the resolved path of the symlink when changing directories, it is the server who decides the target path.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum