Synchronize - Transfer settings - File masks is not saved

Advertisement

gentee

Synchronize - Transfer settings - File masks is not saved

I specify File mask in Synchronize - Transfer Settings, sychronize folders successfully but FileMask is empty when I open Synchronize dialog next time. It is only in the History. I have to open Transfer Settings each time and select File Mask.
Is it feature? Is it possible to specify the default file mask somewhere in the ini file?

WinSCP: 5.7 (portable)

Advertisement

gentee

Re: Synchronize - Transfer settings - File masks is not saved

Thank you very much. That works.

martin wrote:

WinSCP does not have transfer settings defaults specific to a Synchronization.
You can only configure the global defaults.
Or configure a preset that you can then select on the Synchronization options dialog.
See https://winscp.net/eng/docs/ui_pref_transfer

noftpanymore
Donor

I find this highly confusing as well. In the Synchronize dialog, why not change 'Use same options next time' to 'Use same options during this session', or 'Use these options until the session is exit'?

Advertisement

noftpanymore
Donor

The fact that checking the 'Use same settings next time' box does not work as expected. Next time WinSCP is started the latest changes are gone - as you already wrote. It will keep them only when doing this in the global dialog.

So WinSCP needs to make clear that this checkbox in the Sync dialog is a 'temporary' one.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

That's misunderstanding.

The Use same settings next time is not for a current session only, it's persistent. But it applies to the settings above the checkbox only. So it particularly does not preserve the transfer settings. At all, not even for a current session.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum