Bug: Japanese local directory movement

Advertisement

sora

Bug: Japanese local directory movement

Hi,

In the version 3.6.6 or later, a bug is in local Japanese directory movement. Was how to treat Japanese from WinSCP to a version 3.6.1 changed? It is impossible for the 2nd byte in Shift_JIS to go back the directory which is "0x5C."

I appreciate wonderful software.

Advertisement

AKI

Re: Bug: Japanese local directory movement

hmm...
I think he want to say,
"
An error occured when I tried to move to some particular local directories with WinSCP3.6.7.
These directory-names include letters which contain "0x5C" = '\' for its second byte. (Please see (*1))
This may cause this error, for '\' means directory-seperater.

(*1)
Microsoft Windows use ShiftJIS charset for Japanese and 2 bytes are used to indicate a letter.
"

I also tried, but WinSCP 3.6.7 did't work well.
Listing up directories, it appearently worked well, but when I tried to move to such directories which contained '\' in second byte, directories didn't open in local file view.
Double click, but WinSCP didn't react.

And this problem didn't occur in remote fileview.

I'm sorry for my poor English. :cry:

AKI

I tried enabling log, but WinSCP only loged remote file access and didn't log local current directory changing or so.

I'm not sure it is possible because I only use Windows Japanese Edition, but please try to make directory named "表示" or "予約" (See *1) at local disk and move to such directories on local file-view of WinSCP.
I'm afraid that you can't make such directories because Microsoft Windows forbids for directory-names to contain "\", "*", "?", ... and so on.

*1)this is japanese.

Advertisement

AKI wrote:

"表" or "予"

hmm... I don't know how to inform you which letters are NG.
Maybe these mean such letters bit dump.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

I'll try to solve this somehow. Unfortunatelly currently I have no idea how :-(

sora

One character (2 bytes) of the problem expressed in Japanese Shift_JIS is the following feature.

"83 5C"
"94 5C"
"95 5C" and more...

When changing a local directory by the window of the directory tree, there is no problem.
When changing a remote directory, there is no problem too.

It becomes a problem when changing a local directory which contains the above-mentioned words by local panel, or create a new directory(F7) which containing the above-mentioned words.

It seems to the problem when moving in a directory that nothing happens.
An error-message is "Filename contains invalid characters" when creation of the new directory.

I'm so sorry for my English :(

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Thanks for you info. I would be glad if you can provide me email address to you. So once I decide to try to solve the problem I can ask you to test my fix-attempts. Note that I do not have Japanese version of Windoes to test it myself. If you want to help me, you may send me your e-mail address to my e-mail to protect your privacy.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum