Topic "Copy files to remote side failed.."

Guldi

WinSCP 3.6.8.245
Trying to copy files from a win2k machine to my gentoo server running sshd2 (ssh-3.2.9.1) on a unpriv port (tested def port as well). Used ftp and putty so far to deal around with files.

A connection with winscp to the server is easily possible form different location and I'm able to created/deleted directories. But the most important thing is not possible, I can't copy files (in both directions). I get a:
Code:
Cannot execute SCP to start transfer. Please make sure that SCP is installed on the server and path to it is included in PATH. You may also try SFTP instead of SCP.
Command failed with return code 255.

Checked on the server and "scp" and "scp2" are in the PATH variable. Googled for it with no success. The log file doesn't gives any more info on this.
Guldi

I beg for mercy !
Quite tough to hide the search function in the Forum rules. Using now sftp as it is recommended in many threads (e.g. https://winscp.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=52). Still don't get it why scp doesn't works ?
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Quote:
Checked on the server and "scp" and "scp2" are in the PATH variable. Googled for it with no success. The log file doesn't gives any more info on this.

How did you check this? Where do you set PATH variable? Note that some startup scripts are not executed for non-interactive sessions (.bash_profile vs. bashrc.).

Guldi wrote:
Quite tough to hide the search function in the Forum rules.

I do not understand. You do not see a Search function in the forum?

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License