Minimize and Restore

Advertisement

uologic

Minimize and Restore

Hi,

I never want to close winscp at my PC because it cache file browsing and I can browser faster in FTP till I keep it open :) . I did hibernate my PC and continue with cached browsing.

I have activated option "Minimize to System Tray on Minimize" and It lead me two problems

1- Sometimes I mistakenly click X (close) button and here it goes, I lost all cached.
2- When I click WinSCP icon in TaskBar, it minimize to System Tray again which is actually disturbing while we work.

Suggestion :idea: : Make another Option in Preferences Like Skype "Minimize to System Tray On Close" to resolve both issues. :D

Advertisement

Re: Minimize and Restore

martin wrote:

Thanks for your suggestion. Will see if more people ask for this.

As a user and supporter of WinSCP, I would like to augment the OP's request. When I resume my laptop from a suspended or hibernated state, I am shown a winscp dialogue regarding a network connection error, and my session is disconnected. At that time, all I want to do is completely minimize the winscp application. But I cannot. The log-in dialogue can be minimized, but the disconnected "explorer" window is locked like a modal window. So it obscures my desktop. The only choices I have are to do a winscp logon to a remote server (don't need to yet), or completely close the application. So my request is make the entire application "minimizable" as described above. Thank you.

martin wrote:

The next version will allow you do close the Login dialog, without closing WinSCP.

Does not work for me in v5.9.4 or 5.9.5.

Also, cannot close (X) to tray, and if minimized to tray (_), it switches icon position to first, but it would be much better if it would stay in the same place (one might arrange one's icons and would want them to stay exactly there).

Thanks in any case, GREAT program!!!

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Anonymous wrote:

Also, cannot close (X) to tray
Why do you expect the (X) to close to tray? It does not. And should not.

Sopor
Sopor avatar

Yes, i also want a persistent notification bar icon so i can toggle WinSCP. It will also make the icon stay on the same place.

The [X] should close WinSCP to notification bar instead of quitting. I think this is the behaviour the other wants, including the OP? That is what Skype do and a lot of other programs that you never want to quit.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum