Limit on Number of Files Displayed in Remote Directory

Advertisement

cshaw

Limit on Number of Files Displayed in Remote Directory

Is there a limit on the number of files WinSCP GUI and winscp.com can handle in the Remote Directory? If so, can you configure WinSCP to display more files in a remote directory.

Advertisement

cshaw

Files missing in remote directory

Yes. My perl script calls winscp.com to get text files from our SFTP server. There are seven files for each trading day. The "get" only selects the current day's data files. It worked fine until one day it began to miss the Trade_*.txt file. Checking with WinSCP GUI, I could not see the Trade_*.txt file in the remote directory, but I could see the Trade_*.txt file with FileZilla and PuTTy.

perl script:

use strict;
use warnings;

open (FH, ">c:/perl_scripts/log.txt") or die ("Cannot open log.txt");
print FH ("Start\n");
close FH;

my $status = system("c:/progra~2/winscp/winscp.com /script=c:/perl_scripts/ddddd.scr /log=c:/perl_scripts/get.log");
print "$status\n";
if (($status >>=8) != 0) {
die "Failed to run WinSCP";

}

# Copy the downloaded files to another directory on the network and change each files name.

winscp script

# WinSCP.com /script=ddddd.scr

# Automatically abort script on errors
option batch abort
# Disable overwrite confirmations that conflict with the previous
option confirm off
# Connect to SFTP server using a password
open sftp://xxxxxxx:yyyyyyy@ftp.futures.com/ -hostkey="ssh-rsa 2048 da:5f:17:98:72:51:d7:b3:59:d2:47:32:83:9c:a2:b9"
cd xxxxxxx

# Download files
get *.txt>1D C:\Test\
exit

I ended up creating an archive subdirectory in the remote directory and moved half the files in the remote directory into the archive subdirectory. My script worked fine again and I could see all files with WinSCP GUI. That's why I asked if there was a limit to the number of files you could see with WinSCP.

Session Log attached. Notice how on June 26 2015 WinSCP started to not display the Trade_*.txt files, but not any of the other six files.

I can use it now by archiving files, but I'd like to know the cause.

Cheers and thanks,

Chuck

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum