Keep directory up to date doesn't seem to work at all.

Advertisement

randomnewuser

Keep directory up to date doesn't seem to work at all.

I'm having problems with the keep directory up to date.

It seemed to work once, however, it hasn't worked since then. I've added new files to my local directory, etc. It doesn't even attempt to upload them as far as I can tell. It looks like it doesn't even detect that the files are being modified. (Or that new files have been created in the local directory)

I was using 3.6.8 but after encountering this I tried the new 3.7 beta with no success.

server is

SunOS 5.9
local machine is windows XP sp2

any ideas? It is such a useful feature.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Keep directory up to date doesn't seem to work at all.

What type of the drive are you making the changes on?(local drive, network drive, memory stick...)

randomnewuser

martin wrote:

What type of the drive are you making the changes on?(local drive, network drive, memory stick...)

Just a local drive ie C:\

The queue at the bottom of the screen doesn't show any transfers even begin which is why I believe that it isn't detecting the changes in the directory.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Please check the timestamps in local and remote panel. There maybe some timezone issue, so WinSCP does think that the local files are older then the actually older remote files.

randomnewuser wrote:

The queue at the bottom of the screen doesn't show any transfers even begin which is why I believe that it isn't detecting the changes in the directory.
The function does not do transfers on background (using queue).

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum