Synchronize with File Size

Advertisement

Synchronize with File Size

It would be great if the Synchronize feature also took into account the size of the file. For the case of buffered output, the file modified date will not change, but the file size will.

Great feature, keep up the good work!

Advertisement

Filesize compare

WINSCP should only check if the filesize is different.
For example: when synchronizing folders with logfiles, it would be easy to check the filesize of the files instead of the timestamp.
Some commercial products have this option installed in their product.
I would be great if the WINSCP Synchronize command could be expanded with a option to only check on filesize and also wildcards could be used to synchronize only files starting with a certin syntax. for example apache*.log

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Filesize compare

Guest wrote:

WINSCP should only check if the filesize is different.
So you want to transfer file whenever its size is different. I can do that. But it would not allow both-way synchronisation obviously.

duerra
Donor

Sorry, I didn't see this more specific topic previously. I am +++++++ this thought! Yes, it wouldn't work two-way, but that is of little importance in some specific circumstances =).

Optionally, two-way *could* work if you checked to see that the file sizes were different, then the modified times after that. It's just a thought, but the file size comparrison is really big for me at the moment :)

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

duerra wrote:

Sorry, I didn't see this more specific topic previously. I am +++++++ this thought! Yes, it wouldn't work two-way, but that is of little importance in some specific circumstances =).
I'll probably add this in the next version. :-)

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum