bud report in 3.72, 3.73, 3.74

Advertisement

Jakub

bud report in 3.72, 3.73, 3.74

I have been using WinSCP for a long time. Since version 3.72 I'm unable to run it correctly anymore. I connect through a SOCKS server. But the program dies even before it sends any request. (There is no network activity noticed by the firewall.)

My network requires me to use SOCKS server. I don't get out w/o SOCKS. And it worked with the SOCKS server setting until version 3.71.

When I installed the newer version keeping my profiles with the correct SOCKS settings, I get my error message:

Assertion failed: addr->addresses && addr->curaddr < adr->naddresses, file D:\Martin\Projekty\WinSCP2\putty\WINDOWS\WINNET.C, line 570

The strange thing is, that it works when I don't give any proxy settings at all. Just as if I used direct connection to the Internet.

I'm confused. It works w/o SOCKS server setting but I don't understand how. I don't know why does this error happen in the newer version.
Pokud chces blizsi specifikaci problemu, muzes napsat na 'jake zavinac mail.mu ni. c z'

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: bud report in 3.72, 3.73, 3.74

Jakub wrote:

I have been using WinSCP for a long time. Since version 3.72 I'm unable to run it correctly anymore. I connect through a SOCKS server. But the program dies even before it sends any request. (There is no network activity noticed by the firewall.)
There is another topic on this issue.
The problem was already fixed and the fix will be part of the next release. I believe that workaround would be to check Consider proxying local host connections on Proxy tab.

The strange thing is, that it works when I don't give any proxy settings at all. Just as if I used direct connection to the Internet.
So then you probably do not need to use the proxy at all.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum