Editing Multiple Files with Notepad++

Advertisement

Anthony

Editing Multiple Files with Notepad++

Hey,

I've installed the latest version, 3.7.6 of WinSCP, and i've been reading around the FAQ and seems that it is possible to edit multiple files in a 1 instance editor (tabs etc).

I'm using the Notepad++ editor. I've tried checking the special case flag in the options for external editor and im still getting the pop-up message that the file closed too soon. Notepad++ also has a command line switch to allow multiple instances, I've added this to the call but it doesn't seem to work either. However the switch does work in standard windows shortcut.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Advertisement

Anthony

Okay Okay, After a few hours of reading, hunting and searching around I think I've worked out what I doing wrong.

By default, the "double click" action on a file OPENs it, not EDITs it. Therefore changing the default action to "Edit" it works fine.

The Other Topic...

I've tested using the latest version of WinSCP and Notepad++, its working great :)

It's always nice closing your own topic :) I hope this helps out other users too...

Sorry ;)

This helped me save a lot of time. Thank you!

Anthony wrote:

Okay Okay, After a few hours of reading, hunting and searching around I think I've worked out what I doing wrong.

By default, the "double click" action on a file OPENs it, not EDITs it. Therefore changing the default action to "Edit" it works fine.

The Other Topic...

I've tested using the latest version of WinSCP and Notepad++, its working great :)

It's always nice closing your own topic :) I hope this helps out other users too...

Sorry ;)

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum