Synchronised browing un-syncing if changing 2 or more directories too quickly

Advertisement

Ysu

Synchronised browing un-syncing if changing 2 or more directories too quickly

The synchronised browsing (great feature, btw!) can get out of sync, if you change the local directories too quickly. Then the feature is still switched on, but the directories are different. If you try a further directory change, the program will potentially ask you to create a new directory. The only way out of it is to disable the synchronised browsing, navigate the directories to match, then switch it back on.

Best solution would be if the program could "remember" too quick changes and follow them at its own pace.

Less-good solution would be a warning pop-up and switching the feature off.

Thanks!

Using version 5.7.5 (Build 5665)

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Synchronised browing un-syncing if changing 2 or more directories too quickly

Thanks for your report.

How are you changing the directory? Keyboard? Mouse (where? file panel, directory tree)

I have sent you an email with a debug version of WinSCP to the address you have used to register on this forum.

Ysu

I'm using keyboard, in file panel view, and it really only happens if/when the network is rather busy, and usually a change of up/down in another branch.

If I install the debug version again, it maybe some time before I get it happen again - is that all right? Or is there anything (emptying cache or logs) that's needed regularly?

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Ysu wrote:

If I install the debug version again, it maybe some time before I get it happen again - is that all right?
That's OK. Thanks.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum