Advertisement

rain

Issue with Get command

I have added this little ultra easy script to an automation software

open sftp://user:@Dpw@ipadress
get path_ofthemachine_ihave_connected path_local_machine
exit

I have got two problems:
The first one is, even downloading the files and putting them in the correct folder, log tells me this:
"The system cannot find the path specified."
I could survive with that whenever i got the files but,
the problem comes when, for one reason or another, the automation makes the call to my script more than once and sftp ask for feedback from the user:

Choose, if you want to overwrite the file or skip this transfer and keep existing file.

New: 287 bytes, 11/23/2015 1:44:53 PM
Existing: 287 bytes, 11/23/2015 1:44:53 PM

(Y)es, (N)o, (C)ancel, Yes to A(l)l, N(o) to All, A(p)pend, New na(m)e, Ne(w)er only: Cancel

I think for this reason, the program gets stucked and tries to make calls forever.

Ive also tried to use this switch:
get -neweronly path_remote_machine path_local_machine

Also with no success. It says that -neweronly is not a recognized switch.

Did you face this issue before?
Does anyone have some solution or tip?

Thanks in advance,

rain

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Issue with Get command

Please attach a full log file showing the problem (using the latest version of WinSCP).

To generate log file, use /log=path_to_log_file command-line argument. Submit the log with your post as an attachment. Note that passwords and passphrases not stored in the log. You may want to remove other data you consider sensitive though, such as host names, IP addresses, account names or file names (unless they are relevant to the problem). If you do not want to post the log publicly, you can mark the attachment as private.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum