Transfer complete but source and destination differ a LOT

Advertisement

thesun

Transfer complete but source and destination differ a LOT

I am sure there's an easy explanation for this but I'm trying to back up a folder to a remote machine and it's about 52GB, mainly photographs, but some other misc stuff too. I have run it twice and used the "No to All" option to not overwrite pre-existing files, and it's now done. Only the source folder has 4,204 files and the destination has 4,129. Nothing happens when I hit "compare directories" and I am worried that these files may be important. Are they hidden files? Is there a setting to use to dump ALL files no matter what?

Thank you for any help in what I hope is an easy question to answer! Probably I'm doing something wrong.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Transfer complete but source and destination differ a LOT

Are you able to identify what's different yourself? Can you show us a screenshot of the difference?

No, it's been tough to identify what's different. Is there a way to use "diff" over SCP to tell the difference? The "compare folders" option just seems to hang. :-(

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Can you send me an email, so I can send you back a debug version of WinSCP to track the problem? Please include link back to this topic in your email. Also note in this topic that you have sent the email. Thanks.

You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum