First time to script

Advertisement

guyinazo

First time to script

UPDATE: I do have this working now and the issue had to do with the -hostkey. I had -hostkey="-ssh-dss" and for some reason the -ssh was erring out. I changed it to just ssh-dss and it works.

Actually this is my second script for Winscp where another I created a month ago is working fine with a different process and server. With this one, I am just trying to put one simple file into an SSH remote server. When I run the script lines manually through a Winscp command window, it works fine. When I launch the batch file to run the Winscp script, it runs with no errors, but the file does not get "put" into the remote server folder. I have logging turned on, but nothing goes into the log.

Is there something else I need to check? Any help is welcome and I thank you for it.
Last edited by guyinazo on 2016-04-04 16:23; edited 1 time in total

Advertisement

guyinazo

Re: First time to script

martin wrote:

it runs with no errors, but the file does not get "put" into the remote server folder. I have logging turned on, but nothing goes into the log
So the log file is not created at all? Or is it empty?
How do you check that "it runs with no errors"?

See https://winscp.net/eng/docs/troubleshooting#scripting

The only way I check is by entering each line of the script in a winscp command line and they actually are working. But I will check out your link for troubleshooting and thank you for it. I do have a log file, but it is always blank with nothing in it.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum